Football Fans with Passion & Sentiments

For some of you all that have known me on this space over the years, and for those that would probably just know me now.. My Name is *Norra Wilbor*

I represent the half % like fans who share same emotions with me. I represent the half % selfless football fans.
I represent the deepness it brings.
Growing Up as kid then, I remember i would sit close to my Dad whenever he was watching his favourite side (Liverpool) play. I was a little girl who always loved the red color.
I didn't understand what i was watching but i would always scream goaaaal along side my Dad whenever Liverpool scored and celebrate with him! As i grew Older, i wanted to belong to the red side. I was 5 years old then and i would always support any team on a red jersey. i mastered a few names and recognised some teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester united, Nottingham forest and a host of others who wore red. But something was different about Manchester United, i could have been a Liverpool fan because my Dad is one. But No! Something was different, i liked SAF and his clubside.. I liked everything about the club and i would tell my Dad, i think i want to belong to this side. Often times, i would ask him, how do i become a Manchester united fan? Lol. He never did quite take me serious and would always tease me to be a Liverpool fan instead.
I began to ask questions about the club but never really got answers, hence i began to watch their games whenever i had the opportunity too. most times, it would be Highlights. until i grew much older and sought more knowledge of the club from different sources.
I remember we had a general email we would use back then, something Babluh3@hotmail.com, type Manchester united and i would read up anything/everyone associated with the club. I was Happy and proud,
I would tell myself I've made the rightful decision to be a Fan.
Everything went well until A bloke called Christiano Ronaldo came around 2003/04 season from Sporting CP. I was 6 years old, i didn't have a favourite player, i hadn't quite understood how deep Football could get..
He was a player so dear to SAF, And i Loved SAF.. I Loved Ronaldo as a Kid. I became rooted in him and Manchester United.. I wasn't on any Social medias then, Nobody knew how deep i was. He was the very first player i called the greatest, probably in my books then. If cr7 didn't score in a game, i could cry. A young lady in love with cr7. Ha-ha-ha!
Everything was moving fine until the news of his departure came, I couldn't believe it. I wanted it to be false rumours, news broke that he'd insisted on leaving Man Utd even during the previous season but SAF made him stay. That was a shocker to me and that realisation broke me! Ronaldo left United for R.Madrid and as rooted as I was with him, I never went with him to R. Madrid!! I'm a Clubs Fan.. But I would silently cry season to season..
But hey another player came along. "Shinji Kawaga #23 the Play Maker of Manchester United.. He filled the rather silent empty hole cr7 had left in my heart.. But it was Not enough, Nothing was enough! Few Seasons more, we would see Kawaga leave United for BVB . SIGH' it sent me right back to depression.. Herrera in and out, Rojo in and Out, Di Maria and a host of others i would personally STAR , irrespective of the positions they played on the team. All Good players, but the hole was still left open!!
Unlike them, Seeing cr7 Play for Madrid for a whole decade broke me the more.. Ororo would eventually score at Old Trafford and celebrate his goal against us? 🥺 Like that wasn't enough? Cr7 to Juventus for 2 more seasons.? Oh Come Ooonn!! I was becoming hardened by the way. All that piled up emotions would lead to me being Very Very and Extremely sentimental whenever it came to who was better between Messi/Ronaldo and without a single debate, i would pick Messi.
Ronaldo would return to England and will Choose Man City over Man United? Is the UNIVERSE M*A*D??? For a moment, i let my emotions cloud my sense of judgement. It was the height of it, the moment i saw him linked to City, everything Lost taste, I lost appetite, I was Mad, i was bitter and angry! Nothing made sense! I would hope Ronaldo and City get into a fight and cancel the deal, i would literally pray for anything to cancel the deal.. It was a battle with all my many years of bottled up emotions. I would come all Out if ever he went to City. Yes it was that Deep! I cried.
Oh did i just see an Update on City Pulling out of the bid to sign Ronaldo? My heart skipped 4 beats, palms became sweaty, eyes popped, senses numb, my head was about to explode. I was confused for 2 minutes and almost thought i was dreaming.
Here We Go Ronaldo to Manchester United Done deal..
Someone please *Freaking wake me up*
Where's all that harboured pain? Gone!
The sentiments? Gone.
Guilt? Gone.
And
He came back! He came back. 12years later, he's back with us. How i feel so helpless right now... I may Not be his Number 1 fan.. But as Long as you Play for Manchester United.. You are a god. It's that deep for me. My allegiance lies within the walls of Old Trafford till my last.
Welcome back Home you extraterrestrial being 😢
Yooouuu Bloke head!!
KING cr7.
*©Norra Wilbor*
PLEASE LIKE & SHARE...

Comments